Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Annotated Bib: 2

Picoult, Jodi. Plain Truth, Pocket Books: New York. 2000. (358 pages)

Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors of all time. I have read some of her books before, including My Sister's Keeper, and Nineteen Minutes. Picoult's novels never fail to impress.

This time, I read Plain Truth. This book had me hooked from the start. I love nothing more than a good mystery, and this is exactly what this is. Like my experience with The Help by Kathryn Stockett, I couldn't put this book down. The entire way through the book, i was left wondering, who really did it? The culprit wasn't unveiled until the final pages when all other issues had been resolved. I loved this book. Picoult always has endings with a twist.

I felt that I could relate to the main character in this book. She was a defense attorney with a somewhat amish background. When her cousin is being charged with murder, she steps in to take the case. The book works through the legal process, emotional roller coasters of multiple characters, and has a twisted ending. I feel like I can relate to the main character because I watch quite a bit of Criminal Minds, a T.V. show that examines the minds of criminals and uses the observations to solve cases. The defense attorney in this novel has to psychologically examine the mind of her cousin, attempting to unravel the truth.

The reason I wanted to read this book was because it was recommended to my by my nook. It makes recommendations based on the other books that I have read when I am shopping for a new book. I also had background experience with reading some ofJodi Picoults other novels. My nook was correct. I am going to keep using it for reference from now on. I would recomend this book to anyone. It is such a great read!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment