Friday, November 4, 2011

Hypocrites

Hypocrite is defined as a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs by dictionary.com. My definition is someone who is ignorant enough to call someone else a hypocrite. Come on.

I find it interesting how hypocritical it is to call someone a hypocrite. We are all hypocrites at some point or another, yet we feel it is okay to accuse others of this feat. Why is that? Why do we feel as though we aren't guilty of the same act? Is it genetic? Is it a disease? Is it possible to stop? I don't have an answer. But, i, myself, suffer from this hypocriticism.

You know what is funny though? i can't think of one instance where i was a hypocrite. I can think of plenty of other situations where i thought to myself that others were rather hypocritical though. I supposed that i a symptom of hypocriticism. You can't see when you're guilty of it.

It's funny. I have been a hypocrite this entire post.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment