Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Barnes and Noble Addiction

Much like Emily McMickel is addicted to Starbucks (love you), i have an addiction to Barnes and Noble. It’s just the atmosphere, and the people, and the books, and the comfy chairs, and the Starbucks, not the mean lady who kicks you out of you don’t buy things.
I feel like Barnes and Noble and i have a strong relationship. I can show up my grungiest self and it welcomes me with warm air as i open those big doors it has. Then i get to take a look at the beautiful nook stand. Oh those nooks. How i love them. My nook and i have a love affair. I can’t go a day without it. I don’t even have to read. I can listen to music and play sudoku. I am not a fan of the fancy schmancy nook color, and the simple nook is not simple at all. For the life of me i can’t figure out how to use that one. I like my first generation nook. It’s the best one. Plus i got this super cool custom nook cover. Some chick paints these!
Best Fanns <3
So right now, if you couldn’t tell from the picture above i am currently studying at Barnes and Noble. I can always focus here, and you never fail to run into people you know. Currenty, Tory Harman is sitting behind me and Haley Corkery is across the Cafe. Seriously. Never fails. It’s great.
Barnes and Noble is also home to the sweetest/most attractive men. Rachel Gilman was given a love note by a complete stranger. I met this super attractive kid in skinny jeans who paints. How cool is that? Pretty cool if you ask me. I gave him my number like an idiot and he ended up texting me anyway. Yup. Barnes and Noble is the place of dreams. It’s great.
The kid section also has a nice quiet hiding spot, if it isn’t already occupied  by little ones. The stage with the table is a great place to get away and study. It is probably my favorite place to study, or drink some Starbucks with a red headed kid from Wash. It’s great.
Lets talk about the comfy chairs. THEY ARE SO COMFY!!!!  The only downside is that there aren’t more of them, but if you hunt one down in the constantly changing lay out of the store, and make the person sitting in the desired chair feel awkward by standing right behind them, they will move shortly. It’s great. I like to sit cross legged and read a magazine or sketch. Ahh. I can see it now. It’s great.
I’ve always loved to read, maybe bore my love for Barnes and Noble. It’s great.

No comments:

Post a Comment