Sunday, April 15, 2012

Annotated Bib #1 Term 3

I read I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb starting at the end of second term. It's an extremely long book. Around 900 pages i believe. But it was a fast read!

My mother recommended that i read this book, i'm not sure why she thought i would like it, i'm not really one for sad books. What fun are they to read if they're sad the whole time? I did enjoy this book, but i wouldn't have minded something much more upbeat if you know what i mean.

I guess this means that it was out of my comfort zone, and that it was! It was an actual, physical book, not something that i bought on my nook. I didn't choose this book myself, my mom gave it to me to read. Usually it's the other way around. And it was sad. What a change!

I enjoyed reading this book, i truely did. But it was kind of annoying that i had to carry it outside of my backpack because it was so big. This, however, led me to read it more in class when i had extra time to read. This usually occurs during first hour in Mr. Hoyer's class. It is so easy and i often find myself bored, so i read the whole class period. It is a grand time.

I didn't really relate to the main character, Dominick, in this book. He was a twin with a schizophrenic, identical, twin brother who has been put into a mental hospital after cutting off his own hand in a library for God. I don't have a twin brother. None of my siblings have died. I don't have step parents. My home life is pleasant, and i love my dad very much. This character couldn't be farther from me.

This book made me happy for the life i have, and grateful for my parents. Not everyone has a happy home life, and i'm glad that i do.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment