Monday, February 27, 2012

Da Vinci Code Annotated Bib

This was a huge change of scenery for me! I’ve been reading so much Jodi Picoult, I’ve been missing out on everything else! I’ve also been glued to my nook and have forgotten about the happiness that comes with physically turning a page of the book you’re reading. 

I read The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD! Seriously, I can’t believe that I haven’t read it sooner. It’s practically a classic. There’s a movie and everything!

My experience with this book was very short. I read it in four days. I couldn’t put it down. Every spare moment I had I spent reading this book. And I mean this quite literally. I didn’t even watch Criminal Minds because I was reading the book (that’s a huge deal. I’m obsessed with Criminal Minds). The characters were fantastic, the plot was riveting, and you could never predict what was going to happen next.

This book also reminded me a little bit about Criminal Minds. The whole solving a mystery and putting together the clues thing is very similar in both The Da Vinci Code and Criminal Minds. What’s better about The Da Vinci Code though, is how unpredictable it was. I couldn’t figure out the clues for myself. If I was in their positions, I never would have been able to break codes like Sophie and Robert did. It was incredible. 

This book really makes you think about the possibility of the book being true. The whole Priory of Sion is true, it states that in the beginning of the book, but the rest about the papers and hiding places and puzzles and everything, could it really happen? My mind is as blown as it was when I read Harry Potter. It’s a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment