Friday, February 3, 2012

From Memory

Sitting on the couch in my living room right now is my laptop. It's not just any laptop though. It's mine. All mine. My Macbook is one of my favorite posessions. It's white, but appears orange due to the orange case encasing it. Imagine that.

If you open my laptop, it is most likely on. I don't like to turn it off. It's a waste of time. The first thing you will see is a username and password. Sorry, but i'm not going to give you that.

If you managed to pass through the password gate, you would come upon a screen with the words "Fed Up" pictured across it. I took the photo on one of my trip to Iowa City. I love Iowa City. Everytime i open up that laptop i get a reminder of one of my favorite places.

The first thing to open will be spotify. It's this music thing. I can listen to free music all i want. It's similar ro pandora, but it's connected to my facebook, which is also most likely open.

Across the bottom of the screen will be my most used icons. First, of course, is Finder (the my computer of a mac), next is Safari, iTunes, Photobooth, some photo uploading Canon stuff, Photoshop, Skype, Spotify, and finally the Trash.

Clicking on the finder button will open you up to all of my computers insides. The files, photos, folders, and documents that live within it are open to you. Clicking on the larrysickles tab will lead you to a folder filled with folders. If you click on the Pictures folder, it will open up 92375023874293874 folders of photo's i have taken. Go back now. Click on the desktop. then click on the Sarah Sickles Portfolio folder. Here you will find my best work that i submitted to the Milwaukee Institued of Art and Design.

Go back to the larrysickles tab. Click on downloads. Here you will find miscelaneaous music downloads and stumbleupon photos. Some of these may have appeared on your facebook wall at some point in time.

Go back. Click on the documents folder. Here will be only a few of the papers i've written for school. Mostly for my AP Lang portfolio.

Exit

Let's skip over Safari. My most visited are facebook, twitter, wordpress, stumbleupon, and yahoo.

iTunes on the otherhand is full of 1000+ songs. I don't download it unless i like it. I have the most of Fall Out Boy and Avril Lavigne. Don't you dare judge me. My favorite is Florence and the Machine.

I have very few skype friends. If you looked in my history, you would find a few skype conversations between me and my best friend Michael who is attending college in Colorado. I miss him dearly.

That's pretty much a recap of my computer. I wrote all of this from memory. I'm sitting in my 6th hour class on a school computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment