Sunday, May 20, 2012

Annotated Bib 3

Sparks, Nicholas. The Notebook. New York: Warner, 1996. 

Ms. A. I am seriously mad right now. I have to write three papers tonight. This isn't cool. Your class is the only one I'm doing something in! AARGGGG.

Okay, so next I read The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I loved the movie and had always wanted to read the book. Little did I know that it was sitting on my moms bookshelf. So yes, yet another one of my mothers novels.

The Notebook was a quick read. It was on the shorter side, but it was super good! In my mind, I was constantly comparing Allie and Noah to Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling, like the characters in the movie. It worked pretty well for me! I really liked the way it was written. Nicholas Sparks has an identifiable way of writing. I find it quite enjoyable.

So in the book, Noah loves Allie but he can't have her (until the end, but that isn't what I'm relating to right now). I totally understand this. It's going to sound totally ridiculous and chiche and cheesy, but I've been with Dan McCoy since sophomore year on and off. When we aren't together, it sucks. I found myself thinking about him a lot when I was reading this. It could have just been the fact that it was a romance, or maybe I thought we would end up like they did, living happily ever after.

When i read, I'm in a bubble. I don't like to be bothered and I ignore everything around me. I can't help it. It just happens, and it was probably the worst in this book. My mom would ask me to do something, and I wouldn't do it, then leading to a lecture, which I wouldn't listen to because I was reading. You would think that my parents would have learned, living with me for 17 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment